Designation: Tutorial Fellow
School/Institute: Institute of Food Bioresources Technology
Department: Human Nutrition
|PhD Agro-ecology and Food Systems||Uganda Martyrs University||On-going|
|Msc Community Nutrition||University of Eldoret||2017|
|Bsc Food Science and Nutrition||University of Eldoret||2014|
Areas of Expertise
- Food Science
- Human Nutrition and Dietetics
- Community Nutrition
Peer reviewed journal publications
- Wakhu-Wamunga, F., Wamunga, J.B. and Ronoh K.A. (2018). Impact of school feeding programs: A case study of Mateka Early Childhood Development Centre, Bungoma County. Journal of African Studies in Educational Management and Leadership. Vol. 9. 20-33.
- Ronoh, A. K., Were, G.M. Wakhu-Wamunga, F. & Wamunga, J. B. (2017). Effect of soybean fortified porridges on the nutritional status of pre-school children 3-5 years from Western Kenya. Journal of Food and Nutrition Sciences. Vol. 5(4): 155-161. https://doi 10.11648/j.jfns.20170504.13
- Ronoh, A. K., Were, G.M., Wakhu-Wamunga, F. & Wamunga, J. B. (2017). Food consumption patterns among pre-school children 3-5 years in Mateka, western Kenya. Food and Nutrition Sciences. Vol. 8: 801-811. https://doi.org/10.4236/fns.2017.88057
- Ronoh, A. K., Mbithi, M. W. & Were, G. M. (2017). Biofortified crops can alleviate micronutrient deficiencies: Review of evidence from randomized feeding trials. Vitamins and Minerals. 6:154. DOI 10.4172/2376-1318.1000154
- Ronoh, A. K. & Were, G. M. (2015). Diet Diversity of complementary foods. A case study of Mulot Division, Narok County. African Journal of Education Science and Technology. Vol. 2(2). 1-12 ISSN:2309-9240
Papers presented in Conferences, Seminars and Workshops
- Wamunga, F. W., Ronoh, A.K., Were, G.M. & Wamunga, J. B. (2016). An evaluation of school feeding programmes: A case of Mateka Early Childhood Development Centre, Bungoma county. Presented at the 9th Kenya Association of Educational Administration and Management (KAEAM), 12th- 14th October, 2016.
- Ronoh, A.K., Wamunga, F. W., & Wamunga, J. B. (2016). Effect of soybean fortified porridges on the nutritional status of pre-school children. A Case of Mateka Early Childhood Development Centre. Presented at the 1st Academia Research Network Symposium, 23-24th November, 2016
Awards, Scholarships and Recognitions
- PhD Scholarship: World Bank/Government of Uganda
- Msc Scholarship: VLIR_UOS Project, University of Eldoret
- Community Nutrition, New product development, Food Systems, sensory evaluation.