Designation: Senior Technologist
School/Institute: Institute of Food Bioresources Technology
Department: Food Science & Technology
|MSc. Food Science and Technology||Dedan Kimathi University of Technology||2019 – 2022|
|BSc. Food science and Technology||Technical University of Kenya||2014 – 2017|
|Diploma in Food Science and Technology||Kenya Polytechnic||2002 – 2004|
- ISO 9001-2008 and HACCP Internal lead Auditor (2008).
Areas of Expertise
- Food Microbiology
- Food Chemistry
- Food Biotechnology
- Food Quality Assurance
- Processing Technologies
- 2011 – To date: IFBT Technologist – Dedan Kimathi University of Technology
- 2006 – 2011: Kapa oil Refineries Limited
- 2005 – 2006: Duke beverages limited
Other University and National Responsibilities
- Marketing of DeKUT programmes to schools and general community.
- Training promoter groups in the community on value addition and Health living.
- Mentoring Food science students on how to face life challenges.
- Tree planting to boost forest cover.
- Career guidance to the youth.
i) Peer Reviewed Journal Publications
- Mbae, J., Koskei, R., & Mugendi, B. (2022). Effect of Addition of Coffee Extract on Microbial Growth and Functional Properties of Yoghurt. European Journal of Agriculture and Food Sciences, 4(1), 76–80. https://doi.org/10.24018/ejfood.2022.4.1.445
Papers presented in Conferences, Seminars and Workshops
- Mbae, J., Koskei, R., & Mugendi, B. Oral resentation – Effect of Addition of Coffee Extract on Microbial Growth and Functional Properties of Yoghurt at Murang’a University of Science and Technology, Murang’a, Kenya, 3rd-5th November 2021.
a) Completed Researches
- Effect of arabica coffee extract on microbial, physicochemical, functional properties and sensory quality of bovine yoghurt.
- Probiotics and Prebiotics, Pesticides residuals in cereals and their safety to consumer. Antibiotics residiue in eggs in caged layered chicken.
Affiliation/Membership to Professional Bodies
- Kenya Institute of Food Science and Technology (KIFST)
Any other talent that could contribute to the University agenda
- Mentor and a career guidance.