Designation: Tutorial Fellow
School/Institute: Institute of Food Bioresources Technology
Department: Food Science & Technology
|PhD. Food Science and Technology||Dedan Kimathi University of Technology||2019 to date|
|MSc. Food Science and Technology||Dedan Kimathi University of Technology||2015 – 2017|
|BSc. Food Science and Technology||Dedan Kimathi University of Technology||2011 – 2014|
Areas of Expertise
- Coffee Technology (Coffee Processing and Quality Evaluation)
- Food Chemistry
- Food Microbiology
Peer Reviewed Journal Publications
• Munyendo L.M, Koskei R., Mburu M. (2017) Moulds and Ochratoxin A associated with green coffee beans (Coffea arabica L.) processed by wet and dry methods: A case study of Nyeri County, IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology (IOSR-JESTFT), vol 11 (6),66-72
Papers presented in conferences
- Munyendo L.M, Njoroge D., Owaga E. and Mugendi B. (2019), Functional characteristics and potential application of coffee phytochemicals. The 2nd Food Science & Technology Platform of Kenya Conference, 2nd to 4th October 2019, Nairobi – Kenya.
- Munyendo L.M, Koskei .R and Mburu M. (2017). Moulds and Ochratoxin A associated with green coffee beans (Coffea arabica L.) Processed by dry and wet methods: A case study of Nyeri County. The 3rd DeKUT International Conference on Science ,Technology, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, 1st to 3rd November 2017, Nyeri Kenya.
Awards and Scholarships
- 2017 – Acquired funding for MSc. research from National Research Fund, Kenya.
- 2015 – Sponsored by Dedan Kimathi University of Technology to undertake my MSc study.
- 2019 – Sponsored by Dedan Kimathi University to undertake my PhD study.
- 2014 – Food Processing and Packaging Exposyum (FPPE) held at KICC Nairobi.
Other University Responsibilities