Contact: P.O Box 426, Njoro
Institute: Institute of Food Bioresources Technology
Department: Food Science
|PhD. in Food Science and Technology||Dedan Kimathi University of Technology||2015|
|MSc. in Food Science and Technology||Egerton University||2008|
|BSC. Dairy Science & Technology||Egerton University||1998|
|Content Development For Online Teaching Workshop||Dedan Kimathi University of Technology||27th – 29th Sep 2021|
|Proposal writing training||Sponsored by DAAD||7th – 11th March 2016|
|Effective teaching skills module I||Dedan Kimathi University of Technology||22nd – 25th July 2013|
Areas of Expertise
- Food processing
- Coffee technology
- Food chemistry
- Food microbiology
- 2015 – To date: Lecturer – Dedan Kimathi University of Technology.
- 2015 – 2017: Coordinator – Coffee Technology Centre.
- 2011 – 2015: Assistant Lecturer – Dedan Kimathi University of Technology.
- 2009 – 2011: Lecturer – Dairy Training Institute and Egerton University (Naivasha) programme.
- 2008 – 2009: Part Time Teaching Assistant – Department of Dairy Science and Technology, Egerton University.
- 2007 – 2008: Part Time Laboratory Technician – Department of Dairy Science and Technology, Egerton University.
Other University and National Responsibilities
- Director IFBT
- Board Member Taita – Mauche High school
- Official Belbur AIC
- Mbae J., Koskei R. and Mugendi B. (2022). Effect of Addition of Coffee Extract on Microbial Growth and Functional Properties of Yoghurt, European Journal of Agriculture and Food Sciences https://www.ejfood.org/index.php/ejfood, 4:76 -80.
- Komu Ct, Mburu M, Njoroge D, and Koskei R. (2021). Physicochemical Profile of Essential Oils Obtained from Chia (Salvia hispanica L.) Seeds Grown in Different Agro-Ecological Zones of Kenya, European Journal of Advanced Chemistry Research, 2(3) 21-26 http://dx.doi.org/10.24018/ejchem.2021.2.3.56
- Koskei R. K, Mugendi B and Muliro P (2020). Effects of processing methods on fatty acid profiles and biochemical compounds of Arabica coffee cultivars. African Journal of Food Science, 14(4) 92-97
- Njeri, V, Mburu, M and Koskei, K. (2019). Mould Characterization and Mycotoxin Quantification of Chia Seeds (Salvia hispanica L.) Grown in Kenya. Journal of Food Research 8(6):119
- Mugendo. L. M, Koskei R. K. and Mburu M. (2017). Moulds And Ochratoxin A Associated With Green Coffee (Coffea Arabica) Beans Processed By Dry And Wet Methods In Nyeri County. Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology (IOSR-JESTFT) 11(6), 66-72
- Kinyua A. W, Kipkorrir R. K., Mugendi W. B, Kathurima C. (2017). Effect of Different Fermentation Methods on Physicochemical Composition and Sensory Quality of Coffee (Coffea arabica), Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology (IOSR-JESTFT) 11(6), 31-36
- Wairimu P. I, Kipkorir R. K, Mwangi D. N, Kathurima C. W. (2017). Effect of Soaking Coffee (Coffea arabica) Cherries on Biochemical Composition and Cup Quality of Coffee Brew, Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology (IOSR-JESTFT) 11(6), 14-18
- Kipkorir, R., Muhoho, S., Muliro, P., Mugendi, B, Frohme, M. and Broedel, O. (2015). Effects of coffee processing technologies on aroma profiles of Ruiru 11 and SL 28 Kenyan varieties, Asian Journal of Agriculture and Food Science, 3:178-188.
- Kipkorir, R.K., Muhoho, S., Muliro, P. (2015). Effects of coffee processing technologies on physico-chemical properties and sensory qualities of coffee, African Journal of Food Science. 9 (4), 230-236.
- Kipkorir R.K, Faraj, A., Shalo, P.L. and wasilwa, L. (2008). Effects of Blanching and Fermentation on phytic acid, polyphenols and HCl- extractable minerals in Amaranthus hybridus and Solanum nigrum.Egerton Journal.
Papers presented in Conferences, Seminars and Workshops
- Effects of processing methods on fatty acid profiles and biochemical compounds of Arabica coffee cultivars – 2019.
- Effects of Blanching and Fermentation on phytic acid, polyphenols and HCl- extractable minerals – 2008.
Postgraduate Thesis Supervision and Examination
- Effects of Different Processing Technologies on Quality Characteristics of Kenya Coffee.
- Effects of Food Processing on Antinutrients, Hcl-Extractable Minerals And In Vitro Bioaccessibility of Some Micronutrients in Indigenous Leafy Vegetables.
- Food safety
- Utilization of food waste
Affiliation/Membership to Professional Bodies
- Kenya Institute of Food Science and Technology